My husband is an amazing cook. He created this insanely-good Creamy Cinnamon Sugar Sweet Potatoes recipe that I'm so excited to share with you today. Cinnamon Sugar Sweet Potatoes are a wonderful blend of sweet (brown sugar), creaminess (sweet potatoes and sour cream), and cinnamon. The depth of flavor from the ingredients is amazing. The texture of these mashed-sweet potatoes is so soft and creamy—softer than any mashed potatoes I've tried before.
They are very easy to make and only require one pot.
Our kids love these. This is a great side and could also be used as a dessert.
4 Sweet Potatoes peeled, chopped, and boiled
1 Cup Sour Cream
1/2 Cup Brown sugar
1/2 Cup Salted Butter
1 Cup Milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Optional (1/4 Cup heavy whipping cream)
I hope you enjoy them as much as our family does!
- 4 Sweet Potatoes peeled, chopped, and boiled
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup Salted Butter
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional (1/4 Cup heavy whipping cream)
- Peel, chop, and boil and strain sweet potatoes
- Return potatoes to pot.
- Use a mixer and mix in all of the other ingredients until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Serve warm.
- You can garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar or brown sugar.