Dishes. The never-ending household chore. Some women love to do dishes. I am not one of them! Dishes are my nemesis. So finding ways to get them done faster is something I’m always trying to do. Here are a few tips.
1. Rinse dishes immediately after use. When you are cooking, baking, etc. rinsing out the bowl, or washing off the spoon immediately after you are finished helps get gunk off that, when dried, could prove difficult eliminating. This will also make it so you won’t have to do much—if any pre-dishwasher scrubbing.
2. Keep one side of the sink free of clutter, or better yet, load the dishwasher as you go. It’s a great time saver to load the dishwasher (and have family load it) as you go along throughout the day. When a dish is done being used simply load it in. Although, I don’t always do this, when I do, getting dishes done goes much, much faster.
3. Use a good dishwashing detergent. I have been using Finish® dishwasher detergent for over 6 years. Finish® gives you an amazing clean and shine – which means you’ll never have to re-wash your dishes ever again.
And it isn’t messy like the pour out of the box powder I grew up using. For years (while growing up) my mom would purchase the dishwashing box powder; it just didn’t do the best job cleaning the dishes. Ever since she switched to Finish® I’ve seen a remarkable difference on her dishes. Moving out and starting my own family I nixed the box powder and have always used Finish® because I’ve seen the difference a good detergent makes!
4. Use Finish® Jet-Dry® Rinse Aid. There’s nothing worse than dishes that are still wet and spotty after they’ve gone through the dishwasher. Finish® Jet-Dry® Rinse Aid new formula with glass protection has 5x power actions and helps to remove spots and dry dishes better than ever before. Designed to work with any dishwasher detergent, Finish® Jet-Dry® speeds up drying, fights spots and film, and protects glassware to leave nothing but the shine.
5. Trust your dishwasher, the detergent, and the rinse aid to clean the dishes sufficiently. Dishwashers these days are better than ever before. They are very sophisticated and are designed to clean dishes—remarkable statement, I know. But in all seriousness, if you use the correct setting on your dishwasher, if your water temperature is hot, and if you use good detergent like Finish® and a great rinse aid like Finish® Jet-Dry® Rinse Aid, then you don’t need to do much scrubbing or cleaning. Place the dishes in the dishwasher and let it do what it has been made to do.