Are you looking for an inexpensive, easy, and versatile banner for a birthday party, gathering, or celebration? This D.I.Y. coffee filter banner is a great option! It can be customized in length, size, colors, and can be made for just a few dollars. My super creative friend Kim made these adorable DIY Coffee Filter Banners for her daughter’s birthday. She wrote how she made them here:
- Put craft paint in a bowl and add about 3/4 Cup water.
- Dip a whole bunch of coffee filters in it, rotating them so they are covered in paint.
- Dunk them a second time rotating them so the edges saturate a lot of the remaining paint.
- When they were all completely saturated, separate them into smaller stacks and set them out to dry.
- As they dry, separate them more until they are individual circles.
- Then, fold them in half. When they are completely dry, they are ready to hang.
- Using a glue stick attach them to a string.
- Alternate colors on the banner to fit your color scheme and theme. Hang the banner.
Coffee Filters– I used 1 1/2 packages of Dollar Tree coffee filters to make all of the banners at the party.