I’ve always loved the Original Rice Krispie Treat Bars. They taste amazing—but quite different from homemade Rice Krispie treats. Although I love both homemade and blue bar treats, I’ve never figured out why the blue-wrapped treats tasted so different from the homemade recipes I would make…until recently.
By luck, I decided to make the standard Rice Krispie treat recipe using Kellogg’s Frosted Rice Krispie cereal. I was amazed at the difference. The Frosted Rice Krispies made the recipe taste very similar to the bars in the blue package. This was the ticket! I used Frosted Rice Krispie Treats and ended up with treats that tasted just like the blue bars.
3 Tbsp butter
5-1/2 cups Jet Puffed mini marshmallows
5 1/2 Cups Kellogg’s Frosted Rice Krispies Cereal
Instructions in recipe below.
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 5-1/2 cups Jet Puffed mini marshmallows
- 5½ Cups Kellogg's Frosted Rice Krispies Cereal
- Microwave butter in bowl until melted. Add marshmallows and stir to coat. Microwave for 45 seconds and stir. Repeat until the mixture is well blended.
- Add cereal. mix well. Press firmly into greased foil-lined 13x9 inch pan. cool.
- Cut into 24 squares to serve. Wrap leftover squares tightly. store in cool dry place.