This Oreo Ice Cream Pie recipe is wonderful! It can be served very cold or frozen. I personally like it frozen because it is like an ice cream cake but instead it is an ice cream pie. It is very quick and easy to make as well!
Makes 2 Pies
Serves: 12-16 people
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cool/freeze time: 4 hours
Ready in: 4 hours 20 minutes
2 oreo pie crusts
1 package of regular or double stuffed Oreos
1 package of vanilla instant pie pudding/filling (around 3.4 oz)
2 Cups heavy whipping cream
1 3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 Cups Milk
1. Mix the milk and vanilla instant pie pudding with a whisk until well mixed. Refrigerate until it sets (10 or so minutes). Whip the whipping cream until it forms peaks. Fold in sugar and vanilla.
2. Fold 1 cup of whipping cream into the pudding mixture. Reserving the rest of the whipping cream for the topping.
3. Pour a thin layer of pudding/whipping cream mixture into the premade oreo pie crusts.
4. Place Oreos around the base of the pie tins.
5. Add a thick layer of pudding/whipping cream mixture (making sure to cover the first layer of Oreos plus some to form a layer). Next, add another layer of Oreos.
6. Add a layer of pudding/whipping cream mixture (making sure to cover the second layer of Oreos).
7. Top with whipping cream as a topping. Crush 1 oreo well and sprinkle it on the top. Garnish with an oreo if desired.
8. Place in the freezer for it to set well. Freeze for about 4 hours or until set.