This banana bread recipe has been in our family for over 50 years. It is so moist, simple, quick, and delicious. In under 15 minutes, I can have the banana bread baking in my oven and make my home smell delicious. When topped with fresh butter, it is craving-worthy!
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix eggs, banana, 1/4 C. butter, sugar, and sour milk in a mixer on medium speed for 10 seconds or until mixed.
2. In a separate bowl stir dry ingredients
3. On slow mixing speed, add dry ingredients to banana mixture until mixed. Batter will be lumpy. Mix in nuts if you choose to.
4. Pour into greased and floured bread pan.
5. Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes until top is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. Makes one loaf that can serve 8-10.
Serve warm with butter.
whisk– for dry ingredients