This Berry Spinach Smoothie is my favorite ‘green’ drink smoothie. It’s packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and has a good amount of protein. The flavor is actually fairly sweet and delicious. It is very satisfying and helps curb cravings. I’ve been making it for over two years now and although I sometimes tweak an ingredient here and there this is the recipe I always use as a base.
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen berries (I use blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, or mixed)
- 1 banana
- 1/3 c fat-free plain greek yogurt (optional, its great with or without, adds protein)
- 1/2 cup of orange juice or 2 tablespoons of the OJ concentrate with a little extra water (If you don't have OJ or OJ concentrate, I'd sweeten the smoothie with some honey and add a little more water)
- 3-4 cups of spinach. (I grab 2 huge handfuls of fresh and its about 4 cups of it).
- 1/4 cup water (or ice if the berries are not frozen)
- Blend ingredients in a blender until smooth. Drink immediately.
For more nutrition add ground flax seeds (about 1 tablespoon) and/or substitute coconut water for water.