Most of my readers know that I try to be efficient. I’m not one of those women who just LOVES to clean. I do love a clean house and once I get going I feel great that I’m doing it, but if I can take less time cleaning the same space, I’m all for it. I’ve come up with a system that makes cleaning both of my bathrooms take less than 15 minutes.
Deep cleaning the tub and shower takes longer but if you want to quickly go over them it will only take an additional few minutes to the 7 I’ve mentioned. I’ve included how I clean the tub and shower as optional steps if you have the time.
What you will need:
Grab some paper towels or washable rags. I used paper towels in this example but often do use cloth rags that I can wash and reuse.
You’ll also want to have rubber gloves, and cleaning supplies for the tub, shower, toilet, mirror, and counter. You can use vinegar and baking soda to do everything you need in the bathroom. This also saves time and money. (However, if someone in your household is sick you will want to use more powerful disinfectants.)
Start the stop watch and begin.
1. Quickly take everything off of the countertop (put it away), lift the rugs (shake them out), and pull the garbage can and everything that goes on the floor and counters out of the bathroom. I just set mine outside of the bathroom on the floor.
2. Apply cleaning solutions in this order.
- the shower walls (optional)
- the tub (optional)
- the toilet bowl See how to do this with baking soda and vinegar here
- the toilet rims and base
- the countertop
- the mirror
Vinegar water can be used on the mirrors, if you have glass around the shower it will clean that, on the toilet rims and base, countertops, sink, and the floor. I use the baking soda in the toilet and tub. See how to clean the toilet here. For the tub, clean it similarly to the toilet, just sprinkle about 3/4 Cup all over the tub and pour about 2 cups vinegar on top. It will fizzle up and clean well while fizzing.
3. Now work in reverse. Clean what you put the cleaning solutions on last. Grab a paper towel and clean the mirror. Then clean off the countertops and the sink.
Next, use a brush and clean the bowl of the toilet, grab a few more paper towels and wipe the toilet rims and base (working from the cleanest areas to the dirtiest).
4. Then get on your hands and knees and spray the floor with vinegar water. Clean starting from the furthest corner working your way out to the hall. If you added cleaner to your tub and shower quickly scrub and wipe them up last.
5. Replace the rugs and garbage can.
And you are done.
Follow these steps quickly and you will have a clean bathroom in 7 minutes or less.