Here are 7 Effective Ways to Clean Oil Stains Off of Concrete Driveways.
Oil stains on concrete driveways are not just unsightly – they can get tracked into your house or in your car. Removing oil stains from your concrete driveway is not just wiping a food spill on your kitchen. To effectively clean oil stains you need to adjust your ways and use greater force in combination with chemicals.
1. Oil Eater Cleaner Degreaser. Apply Oil Eater over the oil stain using a scrub brush. Leave it for 15 minutes and scrub with a bristle brush. After scrubbing, rinse with a water hose. Let it dry.
If there are still some traces of oil stains that remain, repeat the steps. Some oil stains you may need to apply 2 to 3 times before there will be no trace.
Note: I recommend wearing gloves as this product will dry your hands.
2. Use Baking Soda to Clean. For new spilled oil on your driveway, you can use baking soda to clean. Baking soda will absorb the excess oil.
Sprinkle a good amount of baking soda over the stained part of the driveway and let it sit for at least an hour. Use a stiff bristles brush, scrub the stained area by rubbing in the baking soda, and rinse with clean water.
3. Clean with Dawn Dish Soap. Pour a large amount of Dawn soap onto the oil stain. Use a stiff brush to scrub the stain until you start to see the oil pulling out of the concrete. Rinse off with a water hose and repeat this until the stain is gone.
For greasy stains on concrete, cover them with a thick layer of kitty litter and leave it out overnight. Sweep up the litter the next day. Wet the litter with water. Use a bristle brush and scrub the stain. Rinse away the litter and let the spot air dry.
5. Powder Laundry Detergent. Using a powder detergent, cover the stains entirely with laundry detergent to get rid of the oil stains. Put a little bit of water to wet the powder soap and let it sit for a while.
Scrub the detergent into the stain, and let lit sit for at least 1 hour. Rinse the driveway surface using hot water and repeat the process if necessary.
6. Oven Cleaner. Use oven cleaner to remove oil stains from the driveway. Spray the oil stains with oven cleaner and leave for 5-10 minutes. Scrub with a stiff bristles brush and rinse it off with a water hose. Tough stains may require a second application.
7. Super Clean. It is very mild to the skin, and it is biodegradable. There are no harsh chemical odors. It is one of the best to clean any grease or oil stains. Soak the area and let it sit for a while. It will dissolve the oil and wipe up the excess with an old rag. Rinse with a water hose to finish it off.
You may also want to check these 7 Uses for Oxiclean that you may not know about.