This amazing Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken Piccata recipe is lightly infused with lemon, garlic, butter and balanced with a mild saltiness from the capers.
I’ve found that making dinner is cheaper, easier, more flavorful (usually), and less work if I use my Crockpot/Slow Cooker to prepare it. By throwing a few ingredients in around lunchtime we have a warm, flavorful, and healthy meal at dinner time.
One of my favorite combinations is lemon, garlic, chicken, and capers. The chicken is lightly infused with lemon, garlic, butter, and balanced with a mild saltiness from the capers. It is divine! All of our “keepers” go on my blog so I can easily find them the next time I decide to make the recipe.
With Chicken Piccata you may typically brown the chicken before putting it in the crockpot, but I don’t usually have time for that. This turns out great without precooking the chicken, in fact, I just use frozen chicken and it turns out very moist and flavorful.
1. Turn slow cooker on to high heat.
2. Add liquid ingredients and butter in the bottom of a crockpot. Stir.
3. Place frozen (or defrosted) chicken breasts in slow cooker. Sprinkle seasonings evenly on top of chicken. Cook on high for 3 hours.
4. Separate chicken (if frozen) into individual breasts, make sure they are mostly submerged in the broth. Add capers. Place thinly sliced lemons on top of chicken. Cook on medium for 1 hour until chicken is cooked through and capers are soft.
5. Remove chicken from broth and turn crockpot/slow cooker to high heat.
6. Stir corn starch into cold water and add to broth. Stir for a few minutes to thicken the broth.
7. Serve chicken on spaghetti, linguini, rice noodles, or mashed potatoes. Pour broth over the top. Enjoy!
You may also like:
Chicken Cacciatore Slow Cooker Recipe – This recipe is so delicious and easy. In 7 minutes prep and 5-6 hours slow cooking, your house will smell amazing and hearty appetites will be satisfied.
Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Recipe – Delicious and tasty cream cheese chicken! Great over rice or noodles.
For other ‘rich living’ tips and gourmet recipes, please subscribe, like me on facebook, and follow me on pinterest and Instagram.