Going back to school is such a fun time of year for most children. I remember while growing up I looked forward to going back to school with great excitement. A few of the events I enjoyed were getting to know new teachers, having more opportunities available to me, buying new clothes, and switching to a more structured routine.
If you have any kids going back to school soon, you may find the following tips and posts helpful...
Lunches & Snack Ideas
- Waffle Taco Bar - Create yummy waffle/taco shells and added some healthy ingredients for a waffle taco bar lunch treat.
2. Baked Ravioli Recipe - This is an easy recipe for the kids to help make.
3. Apple Cars - I use an apple, tooth picks as the axel, and cut grapes as tires.
4. Mac and Cheese Cups – Press the dough into a muffin tin, add mac & cheese, and bake.
5. PB&J & Banana Burrito - A new twist on a tortilla with a banana in the middle.
6. Ants on a Log- This was always a favorite of mine growing up. We’d use peanut butter or cream cheese in celery. For the ants we would use raisins or nuts.
7. Healthy Taco Salad – You can enjoy this taco salad right from the fridge, no heating required.
8. Croissant Sandwiches - These are just as easy as regular sandwiches. To add a playful elements to your kid’s lunch, cut carrots into coins and put the grapes into some colorful food picks.
9. Snack Butterflies - Add paint and pipe cleaners to a clothespin. Put snacks in baggie and clip in the middle to make your own snack butterfly.
10. Apple Oreo Pops - These Apple OREO Pops are so exciting as a first week of school snack!
11. Apple Cheese Wraps - Combine slices of sweet, crisp apples with a nice piece of salty cheddar cheese and fresh sliced turkey or ham.
Preparing Kids for School
1. Morning Routine - I've found (and I've heard from other moms, including my sister) that following these steps help make mornings go smoothly and efficiently.
2. Smooth Transition from Summer to School - Here are some of my tips for a smooth transition from summer to school. Good luck to you and your kids and we wish them the very best this school year!
3. Dealing With School Transitions - Big school transitions are especially difficult for parents because they are just as new for us as they are for our children.
Teacher Gift Ideas
1. Date Stamp - This is a fun and useful gift for a teacher that can be put together in 3 minutes and costs about $7.00.
2. Teacher Goodie Bags - Collect school supplies as they go on sale during the summer and package them up for your child's teacher.
3. DIY School Mason Jars - These painted mason jars are super fun and cute!
4. DIY Planters Gifts - Easy and inexpensive! DIY Thank You Gifts for Any Occasion.
5. Sharpie Back to School Teacher Gift with FREE PRINTABLE.
I hope you enjoyed this Back-to-School round up!