This Amazingly Delicious Cream Cheese Berry Dessert is made of fresh fruit further sweetened with pure vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and cool whip. To balance out the sweet, the cream cheese gives the dessert a delicious depth of flavor. Top it off with graham cracker crumbs for additional texture and flavor.
I have tasted a few different recipes like this before, and this one is by far my favorite. My daughter is four years old and she LOVES to make this and eat it with me. I don’t feel too guilty after indulging because we are getting a lot of antioxidants and nutrition from the fruit and vitamin D, calcium, and protein from the dairy. When it comes to desserts—this amazingly delicious cream cheese berry dessert is one of the more healthy.
The Cool Whip does drag it down a bit on the healthy-dessert-scale. So, if you’d like to try this recipe without the use of cool whip, you can find another rendition of it here. Substituting the cool whip for whipping cream is a healthier option, however, the consistency is a little more runny than this version.
This is a very simple dessert to make (15 minutes tops). Not only is it made quickly, you only need one bowl.
Soften the unwrapped cream cheese in the microwave (about 30 seconds).
Wash the fresh fruit and cut strawberries and bananas up into small pieces.
Stir the cream cheese/cool whip and fruit together.
Optional- Add graham cracker crumbs on top.
I hope you enjoy this dessert as much as my daughter and I do!
Kitchen aid mixer (or hand mixer)
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 16 oz. cool whip
- (Pick at least 4 of the 5 options below)
- 16 oz. Strawberries, sliced
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 6 oz. raspberries
- 6 oz. blueberries
- 6 oz. blackberries
- ¼ cup crushed graham cracker (optional)
- In a large bowl using a kitchen aid mixer or hand mixer, beat together the powdered sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine well.
- Soften the unwrapped cream cheese in the microwave (about 30 seconds).
- Wash the fresh fruit and slice strawberries and bananas into smaller pieces.
- Stir the cream cheese/cool whip and fruit together.
- Optional- Top with crushed graham crackers.
- Serve chilled!