Halloween is coming up and one of my all-time favorite Halloween treats is Caramel Apples. But I’m on a high-protein diet, so if I’m going to eat a treat it needs to have a good amount of protein. Greek Yogurt is often my dessert or craving-buster. I LOVE it due to the high protein count, creamy texture, and delicious flavors.
Truly, I was excited to find the Yoplait Greek 100 Caramel Apple yogurts at Walmart and was even more excited that it tastes exactly like Caramel Apples!
Yoplait Greek 100 Caramel Apple yogurt has 12 grams of protein but I bought a few containers and transferred 1/3 of one yogurt into the other three (to bring the yogurt up to the brim and to increase protein count to 16 grams!).
Then I added real caramel bits and LOVED it. The caramel bits take this healthy high-protein snack to the status of a dessert. It adds a chewy texture that I love when I eat a real Caramel Apple. If you can’t find the Caramel bits (also bought at Walmart), try cutting square caramels up into little pieces and adding those on top.
Finally, to make it fancy for parties, guests, and even more tasty, I added a dab of whipping cream on top.
They are quick to prepare which of course is especially great for families, those with busy schedules, and parties. In minutes you’ve got yourself a high-protein, delicious, and impressive Caramel Apple dessert!
- 4 Yoplait Caramel Apple
- ½ bag Caramel bits (or square caramels cut into bit sized pieces)
- whipped topping (optional)
- Open all four containers of Yoplait Greek 100 Caramel Apple. Distribute ⅓ of one container into the three remaining yogurt containers (filling it higher and adding more protein).
- Stir each one.
- Pour caramel bits on top and cover evenly.
- Top with whipped topping & add a caramel bit on top.
- Serve cold.