My friend has been making these Resurrection Easter Dessert Rolls for years. She taught me how and told me I could share this amazing recipe and object lesson with my readers.
I showed my son and his friend the marshmallow and told them it represented Jesus Christ. He was laid in the tomb (Pillsbury® Butter Flake Crescents). Once cooked and cooled, when you bite into the crescent, the marshmallow is gone. (Christ is risen!)
Although my son and his friend are quite young (3 and 4), and probably didn’t grasp the full meaning, it was a fun object lesson to use to teach the Resurrection of Christ—I think it will be especially fun to try when they are a few years older.
Resurrection Easter Dessert Rolls has an amazing flavor. They are a cross between a buttery flakey roll and a sweet cinnamon roll. Delicious!
I made these rolls with and without Nutella. Although both were great I liked the Nutella version best.
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Roll a marshmallow in butter and coat with cinnamon sugar mix.
Optional-Spread a half of a teaspoon of Nutella on each crescent roll.
Place marshmallow on Pillsbury® Butter Flake Crescents and roll up tight. Close any holes in the rolls with the dough (pinching dough shut). The marshmallow will rise and hollow out the crescent so it is best to make sure there are no airways left open.
Lightly coat crescent in butter, place in muffin tin.
Bake for 12-16 minutes or until the rolls are a medium golden brown
Allow to cool.
Finally, enjoy this amazing Easter treat!
- 2 packages of 8 roll Pillsbury® Butter Flake Crescents regular size
- 16 marshmallows (regular sized)
- ¼ Cup butter, melted
- ¼ Cup sugar mixed with ¼ Tablespoon cinnamon- or to taste
- Nutella (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Roll a marshmallow in butter and coat with cinnamon sugar mix.
- Optional spread ½ teaspoon of nutella on one crescent roll.
- Place marshmallow on crescent and roll up tight (closing any holes in the rolls).
- Lightly coat crescent in butter, place in muffin tin.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes or until the rolls are a medium golden brown.