This Strawberries and Cream Pretzel Crust Pie is fantastic!
This is a drool worthy dessert full of wonderful textures and flavors. Pillowy soft cream cheese compliments the sweet strawberries and is finished off with a salty crunch from the pretzel crust—do not pass this Strawberries and Cream Pretzel Crust Pie up!
It really is so amazingly delicious. It’s also gluten free!
Supply List for Strawberries and Cream Pretzel Crust Pie
Ingredients for Strawberries and Cream Pretzel Crust Pie
2 Cups uncrushed pretzels
1/2 C butter
3 Tablespoons sugar
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 C whipping cream
1 1/2 C powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 C sugar
1 1/4 C strawberries, topped
3/4 C strawberries sliced
1 T corn syrup (optional)
2 packets strawberry jello (3 oz)
1 1/2 C water, boiling
Instructions How To Make Strawberries and Cream Pretzel Crust Pie
See video or continue reading instructions…
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Pulse pretzels in a food processor until they are chopped into small bits. Stop well before they become pretzel powder (see video for reference on texture/size).
- Pour chopped pretzels, 3 T sugar, and 1/2 C butter into a closed 10″ spring form pan.
- Stir ingredients together and press down to create an even crust.
- Bake the crust on 350 F for 10 minutes.
- Place the pretzel crust/springform pan in the fridge or freezer. Wait until the pretzel crust has cooled completely before moving on.
- Using a mixer, mix 8 oz cream cheese (room temperature) until well creamed (this prevents the cream cheese from clumping).
- Mix in 1 C heaving whipping cream and 1 teaspoon vanilla with the cream cheese on medium speed until well combined.
- Mix in 1 1/2 C powdered sugar (about 1/4 C at a time) until well mixed. Do not over mix.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture onto the pretzel crust and spread it evenly. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Blend 1 1/2 C strawberries, 1/4 C sugar and 1 T corn syrup in a food processor.
- Stir in 3/4 C sliced strawberries and mix together. Having both blended strawberries and slices of strawberries gives the top layer of the Pie a nicer look.
Tip-If desired, save a few strawberry slices for garnish.
- Boil 1 1/2 C water.
- Stir boiling water and 2 3oz packets of strawberry jello together.
- Add the strawberries mixture to the jello.
- Freeze the strawberry jello until it begins to set (30 minutes to an hour), stir it well and pour it on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate at least 1.5 hours. Or until everything is well set.
- Serve cold. This pie keeps well in the refrigerator for a few days.
I am not over exaggerating when I say this is good. It really is! The textures and flavors jive very well. This Strawberries and Cream Pretzel Crust Pie is drool worthy.
Well I really hope you get to try out this recipe! Let me know how it goes below.