These are the books that stood out to me as favorites as I was reviewing the audiobooks I listened to in 2023.
I listened to 192 audiobooks in 2023 which is down slightly from the 250 I listened to in 2022.
While still quite a few, I listened to less as 2023 was much busier with a wedding, multiple large-scale family events, more travel, etc.
Some of the audiobooks I read are short and many were massive 30-60 hour listens! You’ll find a wide variety as you read my monthly lists of audiobooks I listened to. There are romances, murder mysteries, dramas, historical fiction, nonfiction, self-help, religion, and more.
I do not have them in any kind of order and the series of books that I love are at the bottom of this list.
- The Hired Girl by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
- The Pilgrim Hypothesis by Timothy Ballard
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
- The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
- Life Is So Good by George Dawson and Richard Glaubman
- Dune by Frank Herbert— I didn’t love the sequel books in this series.
- Boundaries with Kids: How Healthy Choices Grow Healthy Children by Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend
- The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
- The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
- Becoming Mrs. Lewis by Patti Callahan
- King Peggy by Peggielene Bartels and Eleanor Herman
- Heart in the Highlands by Heidi Kimball
- Quidditch Through the Ages by J.K. Rowling
- The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K Rowling
- Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child by John Gottman, Ph.D
- Churchill The Prophetic Statesmen by James C. Humes
- The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins (unabridged) read by Roger Rees and Rosalyn Landor
- The Shoemaker’s Wife by Adriana Tigiani
- The Passion of Dolssa by Julie Berry
- Where’d You Go Bernadette? by Maria Semple
- Lady Ludmilla’s Accidental Letter by Sofi Laporte
- Les Misérables (unabriged) by Victor Hugo
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- The Personal Librarian by Marie Benedict and Victoria Christopher Murray
- Miss Ava’s Scandalous Secret by Sofi Laporte
- Hamilton by Ron Chernow
- The Power of Positive Thinking by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
- The Hobbit BBC Audio Production (Dramatised)by J.R.R. Tolkien
- A Woman of No Importance by Sonia Purnell
- 10 Habits of Happy Mothers by Meg Meeker, MD
- The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Maid of Dishonor by Gracie Ruth Mitchell
- Say Yes to the Hot Mess by Gracie Ruth Mitchell
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens performed by Hugh Grant
- Make Your Bed: Little Things Can Change Your Life by Admiral William H.
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
- Christmas at the Gingerbread Inn by Michelle Stimpson
- The Christmas Pig by JK Rowling
- Daring Greatly by Brené Brown
- The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
44. Enola Holmes Series by Nancy Springer
45. Anne of Green Gables Series by Lucy Maud Montgomery narrated by Beth Kesler
46. The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini—including Murtagh the newest book
48. The Wishing Well Series by Sofi Laporte
49. Hamish MacBeth series by MC Beaton
50. Agatha Raisin series by MC Beaton
51. Murder Mystery novels and short stories by Agatha Christie
52. Edwardian Murder Mysteries by M.C. Beaton
53. Alcatraz vs. the Evil Librarians series (Dramatized) by Brandon Sanderson
These were just my favorites I listened to in 2023; there are about 100 more audiobooks that I liked that I have not listed.
If you are looking for more recommendations feel free to read the following lists of audiobooks I have listened to:
In 2022, I listened to over 250 audiobooks. If interested you can click the link to see which ones I read last year.
For other ‘rich living tips’ please Subscribe Here for my weekly email or connect with me on these other platforms: