My dad’s aunt was known for her fresh no-bake peach pie recipe. It is so easy to make and delicious! Peaches are one of my favorite fruits as they are deliciously sweet and juicy. I am happy I get to share Aunt Elva’s Famous No-Bake Peach Pie with you.
A key to making this as good as it can get is to use ripe peaches.
Some of the best ways to pick ripe peaches out are:
1- Pay attention to color. Ripe peaches have vibrant tones all over (with the exception of where a leaf may have shielded the sun and near the stem).
2- Smell. They should be fragrant and smell like a ripe peach.
3- Texture. Ripe peaches are soft and should squeeze easily at the shoulder (by the stem). Tennisball hard peaches can ripen in around a week. Baseball hard peaches may take weeks to ripen and may have been picked too early.
4- Skin. If they are too wrinkly they are over ripe and starting to dry out.
Slice 3 large peaches into 2 cooked pie shells (or graham cracker crusts)
Mash 2 more peaches into a saucepan and add:
1 Cup Sugar
3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
1/2 Cup water
Boil for 3-5 minutes until thick. Remove from heat.
Add 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring or vanilla (I always use Mexican vanilla extract—it’s seriously the best!),
Add 1 Tablespoon butter
Pour over peaches in the two pie shells.
Chill for at least an hour.
Serve with sweetened whipped cream:
1 Cup heavy Whipping cream
1/4-1/2 Cup sugar (depending on taste)
Mix whipping cream ingredients in a mixer until soft peaks form.
I hope you enjoy Aunt Elva’s Famous Fresh Peach Pie as much as I do.
- 5 large ripe peaches
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond or vanilla flavoring
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 pre-made pie shells (or graham cracker shells)
- Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4-1/2 Cup sugar (depending on preference)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Slice 3 large peaches into 2 cooked pie shells (or graham cracker crusts)
- Mash 2 more peaches into a saucepan and add: Sugar, Cornstarch, water
- Boil 3-5 minutes until thick
- Remove from heat
- Add vanilla butter and stir
- Pour over peaches in the pie shell
- Chill for 1 hour or more
- Serve with sweetened whipping cream (add whipping cream ingredients in mixer and mix until soft peaks form)