My grandma has been making this fruit frappe for special occasions ever since I can remember. Everyone in our extended family (over 50 people) love it. She usually makes it for baby showers, baby blessings, birthday parties, etc.
Honestly, I never knew how easy it was to make until I asked her if I could put the recipe on my blog. When she told me it only takes about 5 minutes and requires 2 ingredients (7UP/Sprite and sherbet), I was surprised. Her favorite flavor is orange and mine is raspberry. You can choose from a variety of sherbet flavors. Just make sure that you use one solid flavor of sherbet (do not use a rainbow sherbet).
1. Allow the sherbet to defrost or defrost it in a microwave just until it is soft enough to easily cut through, not melted. Cut it up into 6 or more chunks.
2. Put sherbet chunks into a big mixing bowl or sturdy punch bowl and pour 1 liter (half of the 2 Liter 7 UP bottle) into a bowl.
3. Using a hand mixer, mix the sherbet and 7UP together until almost mixed.
4. Pour the remaining 1 liter of 7UP into the bowl and continue mixing until it reaches a smooth consistency.
5. Serve immediately (or keep very cold until serving). Note that this frappe is best made at the party location as transporting and keeping it cold could be tricky.
6. Garnish with mint leaves, green or red maraschino cherries, whipping cream, or fruit.