Just because I don't drink alcohol doesn't mean I miss out on amazing tasting beverages. I love non-alcoholic Mojitos. A virgin Mojito is a wonderful mixture of lime and mint—bubbling with sweetness. If you haven't tried a Mojito yet, you are missing out. They are a great drink to serve to guests or just enjoy on a nice summer's day.
Pour ice in and shake using a shaker (found here) or stir really well.
Garnish with mint and lime. Serve immediately.
Note- I really was expecting to like the club soda + simple syrup version better than the Sprite version (because that how I have always made these). But, I also had Sprite on hand and thought I'd give it a try. Oddly enough, I actually like the Sprite version slightly better. My advice would be to try both if you have the time. If not, I recommend using Sprite.
Enjoy the minty-lime goodness.
- Prep Time
- 11 fresh large mint leaves (16 small)
- 3/4 lime
- 1 1/2 Cup Sprite OR 1/4 Cup Simple Syrup + 1 Cup Club Soda
- 1 Cup crushed ice
- Put 3/4 cut lime, 11 large mint leaves, and either the Sprite or Simple Syrup + Club Soda into a glass. Using a muddler muddle the ingredients for about a minute.
- Pour ice in and shake or mix well.
- Garnish with mint and lime.
- Serve immediately.