My good friend called me and said she had a giant zucchini from her garden that I could have. I was so excited and grateful, as I love garden zucchini. I drove over, and sure enough, it was over a foot and a half long! So, I got out of my mom’s moist and delicious Zucchini Cinnamon Sugar Bread recipe and started baking.
This recipe is loved by almost everyone who tries it—especially my dad. The cinnamon flavor is very light and balances perfectly the zucchini flavor and sweetness from the sugar.
My 18-month-old daughter discovered the bread this morning and would not leave it alone. She kept trying to take handfuls out of the loaf! She gave a little to my 3-year-old and he said, “This tastes like, like… CAKE!!!”, which made me really laugh. It really was a huge hit in our family! My friend came over yesterday and had some. She commented on how moist it is. So, if you have any zucchini, trust me: this is a must-make!
1/2 C. oil
1 3/4 C. sugar
2 beaten eggs
2 C. unpeeled grated or shredded zucchini, closely packed
3 C. flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Optional – 1/2 Cup chopped nuts
The zucchini can be grated finely or even shredded more thickly. I’ve experimented baking with both consistencies and they both turn out great. If you have a large zucchini, I would recommend trying to avoid/pick out the extra large zucchini seeds. When I make it, I leave the seeds in the zucchini as I shred it more thickly as shown in photos below. After shredding, I pick out the large intact seeds. You can also use a food processor to grate the zucchini as well.
Make sure the zucchini is closely packed when making the bread. This is so there is a lot of moisture and enough vegetable bulk.
1. Beat eggs in a mixer on low for a minute. Then mix in oil, sugar, and zucchini on medium speed.
2. In a separate bowl sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt together.
3. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the mixer on medium speed; mix just to combine. Add optional 1/2 Cup chopped nuts if desired.
4. Pour into greased and floured bread pans. This recipe makes two loaves.
5. Bake 1 hour at 350 F until a toothpick comes out clean.
The top of the loaf should look like the photo above, remove it from the oven before the sides get too dark/overdone.
5. Cool and serve with butter.
- ½ C. oil
- 1¾ C. sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 C. unpeeled grated or shredded zucchini, closely packed
- 3 C. flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Optional- ½ cup chopped nuts
- Beat eggs in a mixer on low for a minute. Then mix in oil, sugar, and zucchini on medium speed.
- In a separate bowl sift dry ingredients together.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to the mixer on medium speed; mix just to combine. Add optional ½ Cup chopped nuts if desired.
- Pour into greased and floured bread pans (recipe makes two loaves).
- Bake 1 hour at 350 F until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and serve with butter.