This Strawberries and Cream Homemade Crepe Recipe makes a delicious breakfast or dessert.
Years ago, I had what I’d say is the best crepe I’ve ever tasted. It was at a cute cafe in St. George, Utah. I ate a strawberries and cream crepe and was blown away by the combination of delicious flavors.
I live 4 hours away from this cafe and unfortunately have never had the opportunity to go back.
Since I could not frequent that cafe, I have worked to recreate the dish I enjoyed so much at home.
This recipe is spot on to how I remember it tasting. I highly recommend giving it a try.
Supply List for Strawberries and Cream Crepes
measuring cups and spoons
spatula I like using these large pancake spatulas for flipping crepes (so that they don’t break)
Ingredients for Strawberries and Cream Crepes
2 C flour
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 C milk
1 1/4 C water
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 Tablespoon butter, melted
1/2 C sugar
Cream Cheese Filling
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 C whipping cream
1 1/2 C powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 C sugar
2 C strawberries, tops cut off
1 C strawberries, sliced
Optional—Powder sugar to sprinkle as garnish
Instructions for Strawberries and Cream Crepes (watch the video or keep reading)
- Whisk eggs, milk, water, oil, and vanilla together.
- Stir in flour, salt, and sugar.
- Once it is thoroughly mixed, whisk in the melted butter.
- Using a mixer, mix 8 oz cream cheese (room temperature) until well creamed (this prevents the cream cheese from clumping).
- Mix in 1 C heaving whipping cream and 1 teaspoon vanilla with the cream cheese on medium speed until well combined.
- Mix in 1 1/2 C powdered sugar (about 1/4 C at a time) until well mixed. Do not over mix.
- Blend 1 1/2 C strawberries 1/4 C sugar in a food processor.
- Stir in 3/4 C sliced strawberries. Having both blended strawberries and slices of strawberries gives the topping a desired consistency and nicer look.
- Heat a saucepan on medium low heat.
- Pour 1/4 C crepe mix into the pan and pick it up and rotate it around until it has formed a round shape.
- Once the facedown side of the crepe cooked (becomes a very light brown), loosen it and flip it over.
- Put the cream cheese mixture onto the crepe. Roll it up.
- Pour the strawberries on top of the crepe.
- Garnish with powdered sugar and a dollop of cream cheese filling.
- Serve immediately. Toppings can be refrigerated for a few days.
- The strawberry topping can be frozen if you have extra. The cream cheese mixture will stay good in the refrigerator for about a week (I don’t recommend freezing it).
This makes a delicious breakfast or dessert that my family and friends have loved each time I have made it.
If you give it a try, please leave a comment below on how you liked it.