Unique and Creative Elf on the Shelf Ideas
If you are in need of any, “Elf on the Shelf Ideas”, here is a roundup of unique and creative Elf-on-the-Shelf ideas that I hope will get your kids as excited as mine were!
Bookmark this page or just search, “Elf on the Shelf” in the search bar on the Live Like You Are Rich blog as I will be updating this post and blogging about many more this December as our Elf, Pepper, and his sister, Winter, continue creating fun and unique scenes for our family.
1. Elf on the Shelf: One Horse Open Sleigh – To make this in Pepper-style, he took a piece of faux fur and hot glued it to the otherwise old gaudy sleigh.
2. Elf on the Shelf: Real Miniature Breakfast – What a fun Christmas breakfast made of real food for an Elf on the Shelf!
3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Monopoly– See how to make this vibrant and fun TMNT Monopoly EOTS scene.
4. Elf on the Shelf: Snowmobiling – Very creative. He loves the great outdoors.
5. Elf on the Shelf: Popcorn Popping – He loves popcorn and movies—especially on snowy days.
6. Elf on the Shelf Sewing Scene – The elves were sewing on this antique sewing machine that had a manual hand wheel that moved the needle bar, the spool, and the foot pedal.
7. Elf on the Shelf: Mele Kalikimaka – Surprise the kids with this Mele Kalikimaka display.
8. Elf on the Shelf: Jurassic Scene – A fun day with your Elf on the Shelf Jurassic Scene.
9. Elf on the Shelf: No Sew Christmas Pajamas – Have a matching Christmas pajama day with your elf on the shelf.
10. Elf on the Shelf: Reading Day – This is a great scene to encourage children to read.
11. Elf on the Shelf: Pepper’s Toy Shop – Elf on the Shelf, in his own shop making toys.
12. Elf on the Shelf: Balloon Basket – Elf on the shelf in a floating balloon basket carrying lots of toys for good girls and boys.
13. Elf on the Shelf: He Sees You When You’re Cleaning – Inspire kids to clean, prep, and help out because Santa Claus is coming to town!
14. Elf on the Shelf: Sledding on the Christmas Tree – This Elf on the Shelf: Sledding on the Christmas Tree display is great when an Elf on the Shelf is running late back home from the North Pole.
15. Elf on the Shelf: Build a Snowman – He brought the kids a snowman-making kit and made us a snowman out of indoor snowballs.
16. Elf on the Shelf: Oh There’s No Place Like Home for the Holidays – This cozy scene made us all feel better about having to stay home for the holidays this year.
17. Elf on the Shelf: Surprise Arrival Basket – Elf came in a basket of fake snow, with a reindeer, an Elf on the shelf book, an Elf on the Shelf Find It toy, and an elf keychain.
18. Elf on the Shelf: Dollhouse Seek and Find – A challenge to find an object in this dollhouse from every day that our Elf on the Shelf shared with us.
19. Elf on the Shelf: Bob Ross Painting Party – A fun and unique Elf on the Shelf day with Bob Ross Painting Party.
20. Elf on the Shelf: Pirate Treasure Hunt – The Elf on the Shelf scene for today is a pirate treasure hunt. The elves have eye patches, bandanas, and tricorn hats on. I think they look pretty cute.
21. Elf on the Shelf: Soccer and Foosball Fans – Using a base like a cutting board, the elves donned their freeze frames and stood up next to the Barbie foosball table and its popcorn and drinks that came with it.
22. Elf on the Shelf: Snowball Fight – The elves, Pepper and Winter were playing in the snow and having a snowball fight.
23. Elf on the Shelf: Riding in Rapids – Pepper and Winter found their way into my son’s Polar Bear Arctic-themed room. This was a fun moment to see frozen in time.
24. Elf on the Shelf: Jingle Bell Rock – Our elf siblings, Pepper and Winter, found my daughter’s keyboard and decided to rock out as well. They are performing, “Jingle Bell Rock” with a Barbie keyboard, microphone, and homemade handheld bells.
25. Elf on the Shelf: Sweet Tooth – Fill a Barbie shopping cart and a small bag with Mini Brands sweet foods. Set out a shopping center Barbie check-out lane. That’s it. I bet it only took them a few minutes to set this up.
26. Elf on the Shelf: Sleigh Ride. Our elves, Pepper and Winter, went on a sleigh ride today. It was a bit of a repeat from last year’s Dashing Through the Snow in a One Horse Open Sleigh scene.
27. Elf on the Shelf: Ice Climbing – Our elves Pepper and Winter, love outdoor sports—especially ones associated with snow and ice. The kids and I LOVED this Elf on the Shelf scene
28. Elf on the Shelf: FaLaLaLa Llama(s) – Our elves, Pepper and Winter, found their way back to Aurora’s room. My kids, especially my daughter, loved that her llamas became FALALALA Llamas.
29. Elf on the Shelf: Christmas Cookies – Elf on the Shelf: Christmas Cookies. Today’s Elf on the Shelf scene was found in our kitchen. Our elves, Pepper and Winter, brought the kids Christmas cookies with milk and Christmas Pajamas. The kids loved.
30. Elf on the Shelf: Oh Christmas Tree – How does an Elf on the Shelf go Christmas Tree shopping? In a one-horse open sleigh of course. They take their sleigh ride over the river and through the wood and dash through the snow until they spot their oh-so-lovely Christmas Tree.
31. Elf on the Shelf: Bubblegum – Elf on the Shelf: Bubblegum. Our Elf on the Shelf duo found themselves in a bit of a predicament this morning… Pepper got stuck inside a bubble while holding a gumball machine, and Winter got stuck inside a gumball machine while holding a bubblegum ball.
32. Elf on the Shelf: Tub – This “Baby, it’s cold outside” scene gives some of your elves ideas on how to relax on a cold winter’s day.
33. Elf on the Shelf: Yurt Camping – Camping in a yurt would be such a fun experience.
34. Elf on the Shelf: Toy Inventory – This scene was really fun for my kids to look at and investigate. They spent at least an hour or two cumulatively looking at the scene.
35. Elf on the Shelf: Tea Party – It was so cute to see them having a tea party with my daughter’s dolls. My daughter absolutely loved that they were finally in her room!
36. Elf on the Shelf: Never Touch a Polar Bear – Polar bears and elves, what a cute combo. The elves are riding on the polar bears in their pajamas; the polar bears are in the faux snow.
37. Elf on the Shelf: Snowboarding the Halfpipe – Our elves, Pepper and Winter, a sibling Elf on the Shelf duo, really made my day today… because I LOVE snowboarding!
38. Elf on the Shelf: Sushi Night – Our Elf on the Shelf Duo found their way into my son’s bedroom. They were having a Sushi Night in a restaurant or kitchen type of setting.
39. Elf on the Shelf: Happy Birthday – If your child has a birthday in December like mine, tell your Elf on the Shelf to notice it/celebrate it somehow; because if your child is anything like mine, it makes for a positive experience.
40. Elf on the Shelf: The Polar Express – Our Elf on the Shelf sibling duo took a ride on The Polar Express.
41. Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Carol – Our Elf on the Shelf sibling duo set up a Charles Dickens, “A Christmas Carol” scene for the kids today.
42. Elf on the Shelf: ‘Duck’ the Halls -This scene probably only took 10-20 minutes for them to set up.
43. Elf on the Shelf: Girls’ Night Out – The night of this scene, our Elf on the Shelf, Winter got a night off and got to go out on the town with some friends of hers.
44. Elf on the Shelf: December Seek and Find – The night of this scene, our Elf on the Shelf, Winter got a night off and got to go out on the town with some friends of hers.
45. Elf on the Shelf: The Floor is Lava – It’s a game my kids often play; it’s one of my three-year-old daughter’s favorite games.
46. Elf on the Shelf: Goodnight Moon – This is such a fun little display. The kids were so excited about it. He’s even reading the mini book!
47. Elf on the Shelf: Decorating Gingerbread Houses – Have fun decorating your gingerbread houses!
48. Elf on the Shelf: Goin’ Fishing in the Dark – Get your Elf on the Shelf ready for Christmas with a fishing rod.
50. Elf on the Shelf: Oh What Fun! – This is a great interactive elf-on-the-shelf scene.
Keep checking back as I will be adding many more to come.